Friday, April 2, 2010

Starving Swallows (Book Review)


Starving Swallows
by Radomir Vojtech Luza
PublishAmerica Baltimore
ISBN: 1-60563-725-4

Hard to Put Down

Starving Swallows by Radomir Vojtech Luza is a collection of poems that revolves around the vivid world of a man’s journey through the tunnel of psychotropic medications. Each poem has its own color and breathing image, sometimes its so plain that you could see only two colors-black and white and sometimes its so vivid you could see colors you do not usually see from a rainbow.

Mr. Luza’s poems are so real you could feel the deepest part of the character’s heart through it. His poems seem to breathe its own imaginative life. Some of my favorite poems are Divorce, Bipolar Disaster, Bible Girl, Alone and 21 Minutes. These poems reminded me of so many things in life, some had even happened to me in some ways.

Starving Swallows is the kind of book you will surely read all night never mind the early morning chores. It is one of the many poetry collections I read that I can say I have a hard time putting down.

To reach the author, you can check out his site at
http://www.ollav.com/radluza/

No comments: