Thursday, September 25, 2008

Winter Dream

the snow starts early
I lighted a candle and
watched the white angels
fall down from the gray sky.
the wind was biting
leaving blue marks on my fair skin
but it was bearable
compared to the pain in my heart
from missing you.
the screen door bangs against the chilly breeze
as if telling me to come inside
where there is warmth
yet still an empty house filled
with ghosts of you.
next year spring will come
flowers will soon bloom,
ice will melt,
sun will peep in the window curtain
but will you be there?



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

kouji said...

sad lines these. :(

Joy Leftow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy Leftow said...

leaving blue marks on my fair skin but it was bearable compared to the pain in my heart
I can see the blue marks on your fair skin.
The screen door bangs against a chilly breeze telling me to come where there is warmth
expresses the uncertainty of life, of never knowing where any trail leads. Thank you.