Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Sight (Vampire Poem)


I see your face again tonight
staring back at me with those golden eyes
like amber aflame with desire
but why can’t I reach you
when you are so near
there’s something in you that keeps
me away from your arms
I could feel the heat of your breath
against my skin
my skin that tingles with passion each
time you were around

I see your face again tonight
amongst the crowd you stand out
your skin so white and flawless
so smooth that I could almost
feel it against mine
but something in your eyes always stops me
something more than passion
something like hunger

I see your face again tonight
the longing so deep
my body aches for your arms
my soul yearns for your voice
staring back at me
with those amber eyes, so cold
and yet so warm
then slowly you smiled
This poem will appear on Dark Gothic Resurrected Magazine on its summer issue.

No comments: